1 1/2 cups GF Whole Grain flour blend
3/4 tsp xanthan gum
1 tsp aluminum free baking powder
Grated lemon zest of 1 lemon
1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, at room temperature
2/3 cup organic sugar
2 eggs, at room temperature
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup almond milk
1 cup frozen organic blueberries
1/4 cup sliced almonds, plus more for topping
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Grease 3 mini pound cake loaf pans and line it with parchment paper. They come out very soft, so the liner will make the cake easier to pop out of the mold!
2. In a bowl, beat butter and sugar together using a hand mixer until pale and fluffy.
3. Add eggs, one at a time and continue mixing.
4. Stir in almond milk, lemon zest, vanilla and mix well. The dough might look separated but it is fine.
5. Using a spatula, add GF flour blend, xanthan gum, baking powder and mix until combined.
6. Add sliced almonds and blueberries.
7. Divide the dough into 3, sprinkle some more almonds and bake it for 35minutes, until top is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Let the loaf cool down before taking it out of the mold.